FDQ’s food safety and HACCP package is brilliant! It’s so flexible; saving us time and money whilst maintaining quality.
We offer flexible and effective Ofqual regulated, fully accredited qualifications with enhanced support materials, across a range of sectors.
Our food safety and hygiene qualifications meet the same levels of rigor and quality required by legislation, retailer auditors and other stakeholders as the more high profile offers on the market. They are fast becoming the preferred option by a growing number of well known brands and businesses.
They are tailored to cover:
This tailoring ensures the processes and uniqueness of each sector are referenced and training is relevant and effective. We have worked hard to ensure that these products bring maximum benefit and efficiency with minimal cost.
The FDQ food hygiene qualifications are designed for those working in - or preparing to work in - a variety of roles and environments across catering, manufacturing and retail.
They are suitable for those who work with food i.e. processing, preparation or service:
This is relevant to operative roles as well as team leading, supervisory or management roles.
Please see the food safety suite structures below, these are available for you to download.
Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering - £11.00
Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing - £11.00
Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing ( Meat and Poultry) - £11.00
Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail - £11.00
Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Dairy Manufacturing - £11.00
Level 2 Award in Principles of Food Allergen Awareness and Control - £11.00
Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing - £22.50
Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Retail - £22.50
Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering - £22.50
Level 4 Award in Food Safety Management for Manufacturing - £22.50
For those who prefer the traditional trainer and learner, group delivery scenario, using paper based examinations, we recommend our high quality but low cost food safety qualifications.
We have revamped our food safety and HACCP qualifications to enable centres to download, tailor examination questions and mark their own papers, registration and certification all available via online service.
Features and benefits:
For large manufacturing and processing businesses we work in partnership with Alchemy Systems to offer SISTEM; an innovative alternative to delivery of food safety and health and safety training to up to 150 people at any one time.
Features and benefits:
As part of the SISTEM package, individuals can access the interactive modular food safety and health and safety learning courses from any computer via a link
Features and benefits:
Please call us today. Our team will talk you through the options to help you decide which delivery option would suit your business best. Call us on: 0113 3970 395
Trained and assessed in a learning or college environment, these qualifications are also known as vocationally-related qualifications (VRQs).
They are designed to support progression to the next level of learning.
I was lucky enough to be part of the dream team that designed the butcher standard – the first food craft apprenticeship to be approved by government. Now I head up the leading end-point assessment organisation for the butchery apprenticeship. As a result I feel pretty confident to pass comment on it.
Quite simply the butchery apprenticeship standard is transforming the butchery profession – for the better. Age-old butchery skills are being revived. That deep knowledge of the meat supply chain is being re-instilled. The industry asked itself the question, ‘What does it mean to be a butcher today?’, and the apprenticeship answered it.
But don’t take my word for it. Ask the 1000+ apprentices who’ve enrolled since 2018, the family businesses whose futures are now secured, or the retail giants, Morrisons and Sainsburys, who know a good thing when they see it and have hundreds of apprentices on programme.
So, what’s this got to do with bakery, I hear you say?
Because the bakery industry is on the brink of doing the same. We know there’s a market opportunity, but it has yet to take off for some SMEs due to funding obstacles. It will take a concerted joint effort by training providers and SME employers to demand that funding is directed to where it’s needed. Butchery overcame similar issues and I’m confident that the baking industry will do too. And here are 10 good reasons why the bakery apprenticeship is worth fighting for:
1. It attracts 5 times the funding of the previous framework, £9,000 per apprentice
2. Small bakery businesses only contribute £450 at most, and that cost is waived if you have less than 50 employees and apprentices aged under 19
3. Largescale bakers have a dedicated ‘automated baker’ pathway within the apprenticeship
4. It’s not just for youngsters! There are no upper age limits so the bakery apprenticeship can be used to ‘train and certify’ your whole workforce
5. The employer is King! They negotiate the training contract based on what their business needs
6. It delivers apprentices with proven skills – the compulsory end-point assessment ensures apprentices only qualify when they’ve mastered the skills employers need
7. Apprentices are tested by independent industry examiners with years of experience – making success at end-point assessment a real confidence booster for the apprentice
8. 20% off the job need not be a barrier – training providers are now adept at managing this requirement creatively so as not to impact the smooth running of a business
9. It’s meeting the needs of all types of bakery businesses today, with half the current apprentices being supermarket bakers and half being craft or automated bakers
10 All successful apprentices receive both an apprenticeship certificate PLUS a L2 Bakery Diploma
In short, bakery employers and training providers, it’s time to make it happen!
Find out more about the bakery apprenticeship and end-point assessment or call us on 0113 3970 395 to discuss your business needs